Thursday, September 22, 2005

Cats and Blankets

Today, I stayed home from work. I have one of those colds that just won't go away. Anyway, I spent most of my day in the living room, watching television and curled up on the couch under my favorite blanket, a crocheted afghan. My boys love this thing. They love playing in it, sleeping on it, and most of all, kneeding their paws and claws into it. Will really gets after it! He kneeds it so hard that he gets into an almost drunken stupor!

For those of you who don't know me well, I have two cats living with me, and they are my buddies. Will, is about 3 years old, and is a grey tabby. He can best be described as a weasel with a lift kit, as he is very skinny and lanky, inspite of being neutered. Will came to live with me last spring when he didn't want to live with my sister anymore due to a new dog taking up residence in her house. He's most definitely an Alpha Male kind of a critter. Berries, who is about 10 years old, has been with me for about a year and a half. My ex-girlfriend and I adopted him from the Silicon Valley Humane Society. His given name on his paperwork was Taz, but you know how pet names get manipulated. We started calling him Tazoberry (Starbucks has a tea called this), which got shortened to "Berries". Funny thing is, he will answer to Berries, so it kind of stuck, and it fits him well. Berries spent almost all of his life living in South San Francisco and Santa Clara, so, he is basically a "Big City Kitty" and was never allowed to venture outside until I moved here. Berries is also a grey tabby, with a lot of tan on his chest and belly, he also has some good features like a rather large pink nose, and prominent whisker pads. He's not fluffy or overly fat, but he is a big kitty, and he has a big personallity to go with it.

Anyone who has ever had good feline companionship knows that unlike a dog, you don't "have" a cat. The cat "lives" with you. My two boys are alomst like having roommates. More like roommates who don't clean up after themselves, don't buy any food, and don't share in paying the rent and utilities! However, they don't drink your beer and they don't care what you watch on TV!

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, September 23, 2005, Blogger A said...

And, if they're like mine, they eat bugs. That's always a good thing.

 
At 12:11 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger a572mike said...

Spiders, mosquitos, flies, yum yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home