Thursday, February 23, 2006

Strange Sounds

I recently discovered that after all of this time, I have a love hate relationship with country music. Usually that means that I love to hate it. Take for instance, when ever I am forced to listen to it, like when I get put on hold and the bastards on the other end make me listen to Garth Brooks, or when I walk into the gym and they are listening to country and I have to hear Randy Travis whining about something. If I am forced to listen to it, I don’t like it. If it’s on the radio, I don’t like it However… I do like some country, and I even have some of it in my iPod. There is some that is just classic, Johnny Cash, The Highwaymen, Glen Campbell, Jerry Reid, C.W. McCall… Yeah, stuff that I remember from my childhood… I also have discovered lately that I also really like that stuff that I used to hear Mom and Dad listening to on the good ol’ AM radio when I was little too… A couple of songs of particular interest are “It Never Rains in Southern California” by Albert Lamond and another song called “Moon Light Feels Right” by a band called Starbuck… Both have that bouncy 70’s kinda sound, but I don’t care, they sound good to me…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home