Thursday, December 15, 2005

You get what you pay for!

On Tuesday evening, I made the trip back up to Billings to pick up my new suit. I could have waited until Saturday, but since I intend to wear said suit that evening at a Holiday Extravaganza, I decided that I would just get the trip overwith that night instead of rolling the dice on the weather. After I collected the suit from Dillard's, I decided to go check out the other sushi house in Billings, Na Ra Sushi. It's a simple little place in what I am sure is a remodeled gas station by it's general location, the size and layout of the parking lot and the location of the restroom within the restaraunt. I sat at the bar, which I think is wise in a sushi bar being 1200 miles from the ocean, that way you can see the fish that they are serving right in front of you. I ordered Maguro, Hamachi, and a Philadelphia roll. The peices of Nigiri were huge! Both the Maguro and Hamachi were almost a little more than a mouthful. (Mind you it is considered very very bad etiquitte in a Japanese restaraunt to not put the entire peice in your mouth). The Maguro was perfect, very fresh and it had that beautiful deep maroon color to it. The Hamachi was, well, it was edible. I have definitely on the edge, with a little bit of a fishy taste to it. Now one thing that has always amazed me about sushi grade fish is that it lacks the fishy smell and taste that normally accompanies fresh raw fish. Hamachi always has a little. This had more than usual! The Philidelphia roll, well usually when most places put out a Philidelphia roll, it's rice, seaweed paper, Philly cream cheese and good smoked salmon like lox that you would put on a bagel. Well not at this place... Rice, seaweed paper, cucumber, and smoked salmon. Smoked salmon sliced from a salmon steak... It was very disappointing... Edible however, but disappointing... It was a little cheaper than the other place downtown, but with sushi, you get what you pay for! You know where I will go next time!

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, December 17, 2005, Blogger A said...

Take me with you! I never thought I'd say this, but damn I miss raw fish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home