Wednesday, December 07, 2005

-1 is crisp!

As everyone knows, lately, it has been colder than hell here in Wyoming, and throughout the Rocky Mountain West. This morning when I got into my car, the thermometer read -11. Tonight, it's supposed to get that cold again, but, tomorrow our daytime high is supposed to around +19.

Anyway, even as tired as I am of being cold, I am getting even more tired of thinking about it, and listening to myself think about it. So, it's time to toughen up. No more bitching about my car not having heated seats. No more complaining about my cold office (I did bring in a heater, so that helped). No more bitching about being cold in bed (I think that I am going to break down and buy a heated mattress pad). It's time to toughen up! No more bitching about the cold! I moved back to Wyoming, and the cold comes with the territory, like it or not!

This evening, I needed to get paper towels, and I really didn't want to drive out to Walmart, or go back up the hill to Kmart. There is this new Dollar Store that just opened up about 3 blocks from me, so I decided to walk there. Sure it was cold, but I needed that. A few minutes with my Eddie Bauer Down Jacket, my polar fleece hat, some Seirus gloves, and my iPod. Ahhhhhh... -1 is so crisp!

3 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger a572mike said...

Power Services Fuel Additive is the fuel additive of choice around here. The stuff is an absulute must, even with blended fuel.

One time while I was in college, myself and a bunch of guys from my Fraternity went down to Dallas for a Fraternity Convention that was held at the Dallas Grand Hotel. This was in early March, and it had just snowed as we were coming into Gainsville on I-35. The snow quickly turned to ice and we got off of the road for a while and went to this shopping center where the stores were closing at 10 in the morning on account of the weather! This was something that all of us Wyoming boys had a hard time understanding, as it wasn't that bad to us, but when you don't deal with it all the time, it can be a problem!

During college I worked for WYDOT as a snow plow dispatcher during the winter months, so it's good to hear someone compliment the word work that goes into keeping that stretch of road passible. The Arlington and Elk Mountain Sections between Laramie and Rawlins were always full of action. At least once a week there would be winds that left many a poor trucker off the side of the Interstate standing next to a truck that was laying on it's side... Brutal place... Hard on men and machinery...

 
At 8:09 PM, December 13, 2005, Blogger A said...

You're far too cosmopolitan for this state!

 
At 5:22 PM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Bf 109G-10 said...

Don't pump his ego!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home