Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Caucasian

Thanksgiving was great this year, the family get together was at my sister's house in Greybull. Good food, and great drink. I brought over a bottle of Clos du Bois Chardonnay, as well as a bottle of Ravenswood Zinfandel. I am not much of a white wine drinker, but the Clos du Bois is good stuff! My sister was quite pleased with it, as she is much more of a white wine drinker.

Monday night, my folks came over to Cody for the afternoon, and I took them out for dinner that evening to the Wyoming Rib and Chop House. Nice Place! I had the Beef Toronado, which was a steak (I can't for the life of me remember what cut it was) covered with a cream sauce with crab in it. It was very tasty indeed... Before dinner I had a bowl of their homemade clam chowder, which was so good, if I closed my eyes, I could smell the salt air and imagine myself at Stagnaro's on the Santa Cruz fisherman's wharf...

One thing though, and of course, this is me being picky, on their wine list, they called out their Zinfandel wines as "Red Zinfandel". Saying Red Zinfandel is like saying Wall Sconce. A sconce is by definition a wall mounted light or candle fixture. Zinfadel by definition is a dark colored grape that makes a red wine. It's just that there are those sick people that think that they need to rob the mixture of the grape skins before the fermentation starts, which of course makes that nasty sweet stuff known as White Zinfandel. There are also some really sick people who think that the same thing can be done with Merlot grapes as well. Click on the old French guy on the side bar to learn about these sick bastards!

OK, I am done with my rant now...

Oh yeah, tonight I decided to make my weekly trip to Walmart, this time through the snow. My BMW is no fun at all on the snow... It WILL NOT slide, skid, spin the tires or fish tail. The Stability Control won't let it... Of course, I can turn that feature off with the press of a button, but then I am too scared that I am going to wrap it around a tree, or a pole, or another car, or, well you get the picture...

So, I needed to mix up a cocktail, which is required after a trip to Walmart (at least in my world). I went to my liquor shelf, let's see here, Kahlua, Stolichnya, Ketel One, Captain Morgan, Jack Daniels, hmmm... Oh yeah! I just bought some milk (which I don't usually keep in the fridge), so I mixed up a White Russian. 1 1/2 parts Kahlua, 1 1/2 parts Stoli, some ice and top off with milk... I feel like Jeff Lebowski in The Big Lebowski (only without the shaggy hair and that I am freezing my ass off in Wyoming). He was always mixing up White Russians, or as he called them, Caucasians...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home