Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wine and Cheese

Yes, I know, I should blog more... Tonight, as I sit here enjoying a glass of cabernet sauvignon and having a few pieces of extra sharp cheddar cheese, I decided that it was time to write a little...

Over this past Memorial Day Weekend, I traveled to McMinnville, Oregon to pay homage to Howard Hughes' most wonderful creation, the H-4 Hercules, better known as the Spruce Goose. The Evergreen Aviation Museum where it lives, is a world class place, all of the planes are beautiful, the facility is beautiful, the staff are friendly, and I didn't encounter any of the requisite smug old farts who think that they know even more than everything and have outlived their usefulness that usually inhabit anyplace where old airplanes live, kinda like trolls under a bridge.

IT IS EVEN BIGGER THAN YOU THINK IT IS!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home