Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Private Sector

The company that I work for is of course in the private sector. I long ago decided that I didn't want anything to do with the public sector. Although, if I remember right, theose public sector guys at in the Bay Area with the VTA sure made obscene money. Anyway, this after noon there was a meeting in the conference room, and I just happened to be in there retrieving some of my water samples from the refrigerator. Now, our conference room is furnished with some very , very nice custom rustic rolling desk chairs, with a matching conference table, and of course all of the cabinets and book cases match. Let me tell you, it's very impressive. The people who were there for the meeting were from various municipalities, was well as the State D.O.T. Everyone there was commenting on how beautiful the accomodations were. One fella said "well, in the private sector, they can do things like this." Another said, "yeah, in the private sector there is way more money for things like this." It made me smile, all that I could think of was the part in the movie Ghostbusters where they are losing their grant money and about to get kicked out of their offices. Dan Akroyd's character says something to the effect of "you've never worked in the private sector have you? I have, and in the private sector, they expect results!" Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home