Saturday, October 08, 2005

Finally Fixed...

This afternoon, I finally replaced the front bumper on my car. A little over a year ago, my exgirlfriend was driving it and hit a parked car at Taco Bell. She was more than likely driving like an idiot, anyway, the collision tore a hole in the bumper... Most people never noticed it, but I sure as hell did...

I decided to go for a drive tonight, so I synced my iPod up with a couple of new songs that I had downloaded and a couple of new mixes, then hit the road. North out of Cody towards Montana, passing all of the people returning from a day in Billings. Billings... What a wonderful place. What a shithole to be more exact! Before I knew it I was at the junction at Belfry, so I took a left to go see what was shakin' in Red Lodge. Red Lodge may be a happening place in the winter, but it certainly wasn't tonight. I walked down town, passing by a few bars and pubs. I thought about going in and having a beer, but peering inside the scene was the same, a few people at the bar smoking cigarettes. No thanks! I can't wait until either smoking is outlawed in public places like it has been in more civilized places or it becomes legal to shoot someone who is bothering you with their horrid stench of cigarette smoke. Back in the car, back down the road... One of the things that I have really gotten into listening to lately has been score music from movies. There is just something about going 85 mph down the road in the dark while listening to the theme from Raiders of the Lost Ark! A much better time than a smoky bar with no live band, and no interesting people to watch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home