Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Things that go THUMP in the night!

The other night, I had just gone to bed. Will, the younger of my two cats had decided that he wanted to stay out all night, which was completely fine with Berries, the other cat. Berries barely tolerates Will, and he won't come near the bed when Will is on it. But with Will outside for the night, Berries comes down off of the cat perch to play. When he's cold, he will burrow under the covers and snuggle up with you. He's the only cat that I have ever known who will willingly subject himself to being under a blanket without going nuts and clawing his way out! So Berries gets under the covers and crawls out just far enough so that his head is poking out and resting on the pillow. He's purring loud and I soon fall asleep. I have a huge headboard with mirrors and drawers and a shelf at about the Five Foot level, and of course, the boys like to jump up there. What seems like an hour or so later, I am jarred back to counsciousness by a giant THUMP on the bed. Berries decided to take a dive off of the head board and wake me up. Scared the crap out of me! He thought that it was funny, I can imagine the thoughts going through his feline mind - Stupid human, night is for playtime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home